I’m sure we all know about blue Mondays. Those Monday morning blues after the weekend never quite seem to leave you. For mouth cancer patients, their cancer blues will almost never leave them. There will always be a reminder of what they went through every day. Whether it’s their speech, their ability to eat and drink, or even just the ability to breathe properly, there is no getting away from it.
For Mouth Cancer Action Month, we’re asking everyone to show their support for the campaign by getting involved and making Wednesday 15 November 2017 ‘Blue Wednesday’. Buy a Blue Ribbon, pick out something blue, wear it and show your support.
“But how do I do this?” we hear you say! Well, the answer is as easy as three little steps. Like these ones!
- The first step is to find something blue. Chances are you will have something blue in your wardrobe, but we’d like you to be more creative than that! Why not find something from a charity shop that raises money for cancer? You will be helping two great causes that way! To complete the look visit our web shop to get your hands on some blue lipstick too – even the boys – as it’s all for a good cause.
- Then you need to find a group of friends or persuade your work colleagues to do the same. Send round an invitation for them to join you on 15 November for Blue Wednesday. Hold a fundraising event for Mouth Cancer Action Month, and remember to take plenty of pictures! You may even find yourself in our gallery.
- Pass the message on. The best way to drum up lots of support for our cause is to encourage other people to hold their own Blue Wednesday event. Local press love a good photo, so send them the details of what you’re doing, along with a few pictures.
Here are some of the resources you may need:
- You can pick up your plastic blue lips from here
- Want a Blue Ribbon? Visit Blue Ribbon Appeal for further information
It’s all in the name of the great cause! It doesn’t matter how big or small is your contribution – we value them all, if you want to donate click here.
— InverurieDental (@InverurieDental) November 18, 2015
— Harwood Dental Care (@Boltondentist) November 18, 2015
— Lancashire Care (@LancashireCare) November 18, 2015
— Forest And Ray (@ForestAndRay) November 18, 2015
— Practice Plan (@PracticePlan) November 18, 2015
— Brentwood Ortho (@Brentwood_Ortho) November 18, 2015
— Spire St. Anthony’s (@stantshospital) November 18, 2015
— Esthetique Dental (@esthetique_uk) November 18, 2015
— Ravat & Ray Dental (@RavatandRay) November 18, 2015
— CFDentistryBfd (@CFDentistryBfd) November 18, 2015
— St Andrews Dental (@st_andrewshull) November 18, 2015
— Briars Dental Centre (@BriarsDental) November 18, 2015
— BDHF (@dentalhealthorg) November 18, 2015
— Healthy Smile (@OralhealthSmile) November 18, 2015